Shaping The Future of Care
Can Co-operative forms of organisation help us to deliver sustainable services and healthy communities against a back-drop of so many challenges? Should Co-operative models become a valued part of Welsh health and social care provision/
These questions are explored in the Report of a Study Day organised earlier this year by the Health Social Care and WellBeing Network (supported by WCVA).
- explains what is meant by Co-operation and co-operative models
- details the current Welsh social care policy context
- gives examples of co-operative social care in action
- summarises key presentations and delegate feedback
- lists organisations representing or supporting ‘Co-operation’ in Wales
- sets out five recommendations for action
Altogether the Report makes a compelling argument for the encouragement of co-operative solutions to many of the problems facing social care in Wales today. It should interest anyone wanting to explore ways of delivering health and social care services which empower citizens and communities.
Download the report here:-
Shaping the Future ~ Oct 2010
Llunio Dyfodol Gofal ~ Hydref 2010
Further information from:-
Chair, Network 3
The Health, Social Care and Wellbeing Network