1st Meeting of the Cross Party Group on November 25th 2009 at 5.30pm
- The Assembly Cross-Party Group on Co-operatives and Mutuals was officially formed at a meeting chaired by David Melding AM on Wednesday 25th November 2009.
- Decided not to have formal meetings, but to concentrate on presenting and discussing issues of the day.
- The group agreed to meet at lunchtimes to address topics such as Farmers’ Co-operatives, The Welsh Housing Mutual, Mutual Funds for small business investment, the Credit Union movement in Wales.
- Events would be open to Civil Servants and relevant outsiders by invitation
Founder Members are:-
- David Melding AM, Conservative (Chair)
- Chris Franks AM, Plaid Cymru
- Mike German AM, Liberal Democrat
- Gareth Jones AM, Plaid Cymru
Other Assembly Members who committed to join:-
- Huw Lewis AM, Labour/Co-op (Vice Chair)
- Lorraine Barrett AM, Labour/Co-op
- John Griffiths AM, Labour/Co-op
- Mark Isherwood AM, Conservative